Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sales Scripting

When your sales staff is approaching a cold call or an inbound call, what are they saying? In order to grow your sales, a manager must have buy in from the entire sales staff on the strategy for answering calls. When I moved from outside sales where you could be loose and wing it a little to inside sales I struggled a bit. I can tell you looking back though, that the 13 page script I learned word for word in a boot camp sales training has had the greatest impact on me in all my years of sales.

There has to be a plan. Sales people have to be able to take control of conversations so that they can create an opportunity to effectively communicate the value and benefit of a product or service. If the conversation is not managed people will not hear them.

I recommend that all sales managers have a script and that a part of each sales day two things happen. 1) a manager listens in to sales calls to make sure the calls are taken and made with proven scripting techniques 2) role playing is a regular part of a group and individual training regiment. Practice makes Perfect.

Unti Next Time!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment