Monday, February 23, 2009

Always Be Flipping-Commentary On Cold-Calling

I have the opportunity to listen to telemarketing campaigns on a daily basis. When cold calling or predictive dialing there is a fair amount of abuse a salesman can see. The question is what do you do when someone tells you to jump in a lake or go "F" yourself take me off the list.

You have two choices. Let their negativity and anger bring you down or try and flip them. What is the worst they can say...No a second time. This is what you should do:

"I am a manager down here, no problem I will take you off the list and while I am doing that I just wanted to let you know about our product or service". Maybe it is still no and that is fine to which I might respond: " It sounds like this product or service isn't for you, perhaps you know of a friend, family member or business might benefit from my product or service", If at that point you have no deal so be it but if you flip one of these a day that is 5 new deals a week that you did not have that could lead to greater referral opportunities.

In the case of the I am an angry human being and you disturbed me and go "F" yourself I would say the following: Think of something funny, not rude or foul necessarily that is so unexpected that you put them back on their heels. Example: Sir, I am sorry to report to you that my religion will not allow for that! God does however allow me to help others so this is the product I sell and it helps you in the following way: Then if the answer is still no, say hey no problem but before I go, is there anyone that you can think of that might need my product or service.

Sales people that get good at flipping become superstars!!!

A.B. F. -Always Be Flipping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment