Saturday, February 6, 2010

Scripting: Avoiding The Fast Food Drive Thru Approach

If I were a call center manager and my livelihood depended on the sales of my agents, then scripting would be worked on daily. At Lead Research Group, I work with companies small, medium and large in the debt settlement and loan modification industries.

I have the ability with many of our campaigns to listen to recorded calls and consult on the quality of scripting. After listening to thousands of calls, the idea that companies lose money due to poor scripting has been cemented in my mind as a problem that would not go away.

Fast Food Drive Thru Scripting: XYZ Company, this is John, How Can I Help You?

If I were hired in an organization to manage sales, the first thing I would do is announce that the next person to ask "How Can I Help You"as an opening to an inbound call will be sent home for the day.

Why am I so fired up about this? Pretty simple really! I hear potential customers in recorded calls every day tell the person answering the call things like the following: " Yes John, you sent me a mailer, you don't know how you can help me?" or "Its your Television Commerical, so you tell me how you can help me."

They are calling because they need help. Do not insult people with " How Can I Help YouItis!!!!!!! If it is not these very sarcastic responses it is long sighs and exasperations and muttering under their breath. Prospects calling in on a product or service hate this and it is clear as day.

The best way to gain control of a conversation is something to the effect of:

XYZ Company, this is John, How are you doing today?

Why???? Because it is an ice breaker that gets a prospect answering questions from the onset of the call. In the sales equation, reps that get people to answer questions properly qualify people more than reps that do not.

Proper surveying requires you ask questions. When you have a prospect answering questions they are doing more of the talking than the rep is and that is the idea.

Help your reps by requiring them to ask every inbound call which advertisement they were responding to and what was it about the piece that has them calling in today. This is highly effective and gets them engaged in the process and more easily walked into a sale.

For effective direct mail and inbound tv campaigns for debt settlement and loan modification companies, Call Rob Brack Lead Research Group. A Free Webinar on call approach is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pst. www.explodeyourphones.com. Go to the site click on shortcut to the direct response webinar. Hope to have you there!!!

800-884-8371 Ext. 5430

No comments:

Post a Comment