Monday, February 28, 2011

Scotty Carter's Liquid Wonderland

I have personally known Scotty Carter for more than 20 years. He is a well-respected waterman along the Laguna/Dana Point Coastline. After many years of knowing him, I was introduced to his mini-wave art in the mid 2000's and I was taken aback by the striking beauty of his work. I already found myself fascinated by the ocean but Scotty was able to capture an element of the ocean that you and I would walk by and not even think twice about what we saw. With the naked eye we would not be captivated by what we saw. Scotty's magic is that he can take things that aren't magic at all but spin it in a way where it is nothing but magic. He would tell you, that making something out of nothing and being surprised and mesmerized is absolutely the magic!

How does he do it you ask? Let's just say Scotty Carter likes mysteries!!! One day Scotty will release secrets to the world and it will be an amazing day. Until then, we are left to enjoy the beauty of his images that would make a fine addition to any modern and stylish homes decore.

No comments:

Post a Comment